Brooke’s birthday celebration was on July 26th. Of course, it was a Dora party. Tiffany made a custom Dora cake for her. It was a lot of fun.
At the end of August, we were able to travel to New England for Mike and Missy’s wedding. It was fantabulous! We spent a couple days at Hampton Beach and the kids got to play in the sand and the ocean. Both boys got to try out body surfing and they really enjoyed it. Brooke did not like the cold water at all, but she loved digging in the sand.
We all had lots of fun at the wedding, too. Brooke started dancing before the music even started. She danced until she couldn’t stand on her own two feet anymore. Then she wanted me to hold her and dance. We swayed on the dance floor until she put her head on my shoulder and fell fast asleep. Braden danced up a storm, too. He sat out maybe two songs the entire night. He was break dancing and spinning and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Everyone thought he was so cute. He even danced with a couple girls. (Shhhhh, don’t say anything to him. He’s still embarrassed about it.) Brycen was shy about dancing at first and wanted nothing to do with it. He found a couple friends and they ran around most of the night together. Towards the end of the evening, he got over it and got out on the dance floor for a couple songs. His footwork was so quick, people were calling him “King of the dance”.
As for us grownups, Nick is getting ready to go on a squadron “deployment”. That’s just a fancy way of saying they are going away for a weekend to party hard. I think they just call it a deployment so us wives think it’s a mandatory thing. Yep, partying like a rock star and then going deep sea fishing is totally mandatory. (I don't know if I'll post pictures of this later. It all depends on how embarrassing they are to Nick. If they are duds, I won't post any.)
I’m staying busy with MOPS and OSC and keeping up with the kids. I also bought myself a toy this week. Brooke and I found a Wii Fit at WalMart and had to buy it. It is so much fun and quite a workout, too.
I promise to try to stay on top of this better.
No comments:
Post a Comment