Yesterday, the boys were begging us all day for an Icee from the Shoppette. We promised them that if they completed all their chores we would go. Well..... they finished their chores, Nick and I finished ours, AND we ate a ginormous dinner that needed to be worked off, so we decided to ride our bikes there. For those of you that do not know Columbus AFB and how far away the Shoppette is from our home, it's about a mile and a half. Not very far when you're on a bike. Brooke sat in her seat behind me and we were off. Braden couldn't stay on the side of the road and we looked back a few times to see him riding along the yellow dotted line in the middle of the road with cars lined up behind him. Only Braden...
Understandably, my bum was quite sore this morning. The boys wanted Taco Bell for lunch. Where is Taco Bell, you ask??? Right next to the Shoppette. So we got "back on the saddle" and off we went... again. I could tell right away that riding another three miles today was not going to be a great idea. Can I just say, "OUCH!" I think I'm going to stay off the bike for a few days.
On another note... we are going to paint the inside of the house. I think we are going to start with Brooke's room. I've already painted her toddler bed, which will going in her room when she wakes up from her nap in a few hours. We are going to paint it a pale, butter yellow. We may even attemp some verticle stripes 1" thick. The yellow stripes will be either 6" or 12". We haven't decided yet. I think it will look really nice with her black bed and pink accessories. As for the boys, we are going to sand and paint their bunk beds and dressor a really manly blue. Once that is done, we'll decide on what color we are going to put on the walls. Downstairs, we'll be painting it beige with maybe some accent walls. I think I want to try a faux finish in the downstairs bathroom. I've never done a faux finish before, but I figure it's the smallest room in the house, it only has one door, there are no windows, and if it ends up looking bad it will be snap to repaint it. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment